Jan 15 , 2021
Do you ever wish you could recast with Ekopel 2K but can’t because your bathtub or shower flexes when pressure is applied. What if I told you, you can? Let's discuss.
Flex is when you can push on the walls or floor of the bathtub or shower unit and it moves, feels squishy, or is bendable. Recasting your tub is still possible but you will need to make a few repairs first.
Follow these simple steps:
- Mark the affected areas with colored tape.
- Drill a whole in the marked space.
- Fill the hole with expanding foam until it is overflowing from the drilled opening.
- Wipe away the top and let it dry
- The next day, apply a product such as bondo to seal the hole
- Sand smooth
- Commence recasting with Ekopel!